Terms of Service
for Monthly Retainer Service Agreements
Updated 24 June 2022
As a company, we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. These terms of service are provided to clarify our relationship with retainer clients and to make sure that mutual expectations are set and followed. Please read through these guidelines carefully, and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Business Manager for assistance.
These Terms of Service outline our official relationship. Although we made an effort to use language that’s very accessible and clear, they do express our mutual obligations to one another that fall under any existing Service Agreement. These may be updated periodically. Although it remains your responsibility to stay informed of the Terms of Service, we will notify you any time these terms are updated.
I. The Ticket System
The quickest and most efficient way for you to reach our team is by opening a ticket via our support email. Our entire team has access to your requests; this allows us to communicate internally, and to respond promptly within our turnaround times, and according to the urgency level of your requests.
While email is the easiest way to open a ticket and communicate with our team, you can also access ALL your tickets via our online ticket system. This allows you to have an overview of the status of each ticket at any time.
In these Terms of Service, “Ticket” refers to a work or meeting request opened by a client, or by a member of our team at the request of a client, either via email or via the online ticket system.
1. How to request support:
- To open a ticket, simply send us an email or create a new ticket via the online ticket system.
- All work and meeting requests must be submitted using a ticket.
- Please open one ticket per request, so that our communication remains clear and complete until the ticket is completed, approved by you and closed out.
2. How your requests get on the calendar:
- Requested work will be started within 3-5 business days only after clarifying any deadlines and the full scope of work and receiving all necessary assets from you: this could be logins, files, copy, or whatever else we’ll need to accomplish the work.
- If we estimate that your ticket request will take us longer than 1 hour, we will provide you with a time estimate, and an approximate turnaround time and get your authorization before scheduling the work.
- When sending in multiple tickets, we may ask you to define which tickets have the highest priority.
- Scheduled work that is unable to be completed because of missing assets will count against your monthly reserved hours, so make sure we have everything we’ll need from you up front.
3. Clarifying work parameters:
- Hourly work is scheduled and tracked in 15 minute increments.
- Regular support is available during our business hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST).
- Quick ticket consultations is an exclusive service we provide retainer clients. Brief questions will be answered within 2 business days. If your question requires more than 15 minutes to answer, we will schedule it during your prepaid hourly time.
- Client hours are reserved per month. We do not book any other clients so we can be available for you; this means that unscheduled hours expire and cannot be rolled over month to month.
- It is important to respond in a timely manner when we request information, feedback, or approval for work we’ve accomplished. Deliverables and timelines that are affected by failure to respond in a timely manner may need to be renegotiated.
- Ideally, work requests are spaced out evenly week to week. We reserve weekly hours per client based on their Statement of Work. We will make every effort to be flexible, however we cannot guarantee our availability if work requests are extremely unbalanced over the period of a month.
4. How to schedule a meeting:
- Your account manager and support staff are available by video chat or phone during scheduled meetings.
- Meetings can be scheduled by opening a ticket. Since calendars fill up quickly, you will need to confirm meeting dates and times via a ticket at least 2 days in advance, otherwise we’ll need to coordinate a later meeting date.
- You may cancel – or request us to reschedule – prepaid work or meetings with 2 days notice. As of the day before, scheduled work or meetings that are cancelled will still be taken from monthly reserved hours.
5. How to approve our work:
- Once we’ve finished the work requested in a ticket, we’ll inform you what we accomplished and give you a 48 hour window to check and approve our work. We cannot guarantee that our work will be free of mistakes, so if you find any errors, we’ll make it right.
- It’s very important to understand that, if we do not hear back from you in 48 hours, the work will be considered completed to satisfaction, and the ticket will be closed. Any requests for changes or corrections as of that point will be billed at our regular rates.
6. How to apply urgent escalations:
- To request an urgent response, simply include the word “URGENT” in the ticket subject line. Depending on your Service Agreement, you may also be able to reach our team for urgent needs via phone or text.
- Urgent time will be taken from your monthly prepaid hours.
- Service Agreements with a minimum of 10 hours of support will include 2 FREE urgent escalations per month.
- Any additional escalations requested per month will cost $35 per hour as an overage fee. Work escalated to urgent will be scheduled within 24 hours or less any day of the week. Urgent escalations apply to any tier of support.
II. Service Level Agreement Details
1. Emergency response & monitoring:
- For emergencies involving downtime, lost sales, or a hacked site, we make every effort to respond 24/7 within 30 to 60 minutes.
- For Service Agreements that include “Emergency downtime response and monitoring”: if your site crashes or is attacked, we will try to respond within 30 minutes during business hours, and as soon as possible at other times. We will escalate up to 2 hours of work to urgent at our discretion. We will try to notify you immediately, but will prioritize securing your site and ensuring it stays online.
- If we go over your 2 urgent escalations included with your Service Agreement, you will be charged $35 per hour for any additional hours escalated as an overage fee.
2. Monthly overages:
- Our availability for any work beyond the Service Agreement may be limited by our current workload.
- Monthly overages are billed at our regular pricing.
- Overage support escalated to an urgent level is an additional $35 per hour.
- Our turnaround times are usually 3-5 business days for regular support, or within 24 hours for escalated urgent support, however this depends on our current workload and is not guaranteed outside of a retainer.
- For large projects requiring 10 hours or more, we can provide a custom quote.
3. Other Key Components:
- While we do offer high end consulting on marketing, IT and design, our advice cannot be considered legal or financial.
- You agree to pay all charges associated with the transfers of funds. The appropriate payment details will be printed on our electronic invoice. We reserve the right to charge interest on all overdue debts at the rate of 5% per month or part of a month.
- Since your organization’s needs may change, your Service Agreement can be modified by means of a “Change Order” with the expressed consent of both parties in writing (or email).
- To protect your organization we provide a NDA and staff trained in security best practices.
- In order to receive a prepaid discount with your Service Agreement, we reserve the right to include a link to our website on the footer of yours.